Sunday 18 September 2011

The Adjustment Bureau and Source Code: Newer Than New Movies

www.tips-fb.com Share this article on Facebook.
The Adjustment Bureau


2011 - A film by George Nolfi.

This Movie stars Matt Damon (The Bourne Series) and Emily Blunt (The Devil Wears Prada). One of the two movies that flushed off my creative thinking while watching it. Unlike the traditional movies where I seem to know what the characters are going to do and say next, this one's utterly different.

I'm not gonna give away details about the movie for every seconds of this movie is worth watching for. Just try watching it yourself and you'll know what I mean.


-oOo-


Source Code

2011. - A movie by Duncan Jones.

Primary characters are Jake Gyllenhaal (Brokeback Mountain) and Michelle Monaghan (Due Date).

The second movie that staged one question "Am I becoming dumbed?" in my mind while watching it.

Yes, the movies had so dumbfounded me that  halfway down the movie, I was beginning to wonder if my age had gotten much of a toll. That no matter how I tried, I failed on my every guess on what next scene was going to yield.

It's but so unusual for me to enjoy the feeling of having to know what the character in the movie is going to do and say next but I find it more alluring to know that I couldn't guess what was going to.

Like The Adjustment Bureau, I'm not going to say anything about this movie. The best thing to watch these movies is to watch them without watching the trailers which gave away so much about them.


-oOo-

To sum it up,  I thought Hollywood movies are going to be recursive.  Sci-fi, war and drama's seem to be like on the repetitive stance. War movies where in Americans always emerge victorious, horror movies that were mixed with love stories and sci-fi movies that awes the viewers with sophisticated and state of the art visual effects. All of which are "New" but seemed "Old" to me.

Now, with these two new movies. I can really say that they are "Newer" than the "New" movies nowadays.
I guess this proves the ingenuity of the Americans when it comes to the aspect of keeping Hollywood from railing off the track. It's a magnificent reality that allows us to expect more of these movies in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment